An orientation for new international students enrolled for classes in the spring semester will be held on April 3.
The event will offer useful information about the university, its facilities and support programmes, as well as important advice on health and safety. There will also be booths set up at the venue for student and community organisations to introduce their activities.
The information will be presented in English in Lecture Hall 1, and in Japanese in Lecture Hall 2. Both sessions will take place simultaneously and students are welcome to attend either one.
Part I: Useful Information
- Welcome Speech
- Student life at Tohoku University
- Center for Counseling and Disability Services
- Traffic rules
- Tips for avoiding crime
Part II: Booths of Support Organisations
International student support organizations from on and off campus will be on hand to talk about their activities. Participating groups include:
- Tohoku University Library
- Tohoku University Co-op
- Miyagi International Association (MIA)
- Sendai Tourism, Convention and International Association (SenTIA)
- Group MORI
- Tohoku University Foreign Students Association (TUFSA)
- Persatuan Pelajar Indonesia Sendai (PPIS)
Tohoku University Volunteer Support Center (SCRUM)
- Date: April 3, 2018 (Tuesday)
Time: 5 p.m. - 6:40 p.m.
Venue: 2nd floor, Multidisciplinary Research Building, Kawauchi Minami Campus (Map)
Contact:International Support Office
Tohoku University Student Exchange Division
Tel: +81 22 795-3247