Tohoku University's Advanced Institute for Materials Research (AIMR) is seeking to hire a scientist with an advanced degree to act as a strategic planner and coordinator. The International Collaboration Coordinator will work under the supervision of AIMR's director and help arrange a series of joint research between global universities such as the University of Cambridge and the University of Chicago.
Job duties also include coordinating and promoting international collaborative projects in liaison with scientists and administrative staff in Japan and overseas. Additional duties may include assignments to promote international academic exchanges through symposium planning and facilitating new projects, etc.
Those who possess a strong passion for bridging diverse disciplines are highly encouraged to apply. For more details on the position, see here.
|Position:||International Collaboration Coordinator|
|Location:||AIMR, 20101 Katahira, Aoba, Sendai 980-8577|
- A master's degree or its equivalent is desirable
- An academic background in the natural sciences, such as engineering
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in Japanese and English, with the ability to converse appropriately in a scientific setting
- Excellent time management skills, with the ability to work under a demanding schedule
- Interpersonal skills and the willingness to work in a team
|Number of positions:||1|
|Position type:||Fixed-type contract|
|Starting date:||September 1, 2023|
|Application deadline:||June 30, 2023|
How to Apply
Please send the following documents in a single PDF file to the email address listed below, with the email titled "Application for International Collaboration Coordinator."
- A CV
- A list of research achievements
- An essay explaining your interest in the position (Must be in Japanese, not English, and within 3 pages)
- The names, affiliations and e-mail addresses of two references
General Affairs Section,
Organization for Advanced Studies