Tohoku University's Graduate School of Engineering is seeking to hire an associate professor. The post is based within the Department of Civil and Environmental Engineering's Division of Environmental Water Quality Engineering.
The divisions mission is to conduct education and research that contributes to the establishment of sustainable water supply systems for improving public health and enabling comfortable urban activities.
Successful candidates will be expected to promote research pertaining to the following areas:
- Assessing and managing health risks caused by pathogens and hazardous chemicals in water
- Managing water supply risks during disasters such as earthquakes and heavy rains
- Developing adaptation measures for climate change that focus on water sources and water supply systems
They will also be tasked with relevant educational and administration duties of the school.
For further details, including how to apply, please see here.
|Location:||Department of Civil and Environmental Engineering Aoba 6-6-06, Aramaki, Aoba-ku, Sendai, Miyagi 980-8579|
- A doctoral degree before starting the post
- Research achievements relating to the above-mentioned fields
- Strong motivation and enthusiasm for education and research in the above-mentioned fields
|Number of positions:||1|
|Starting date:||April 1, 2024|
|Application deadline:||October 13, 2023|
Daisuke Sano (Department Dean),
Department of Civil and Environmental Engineering, Tohoku University