Tohoku University's Research Institute of Electrical Communication (RIEC) seeks to appoint a professor to work within the Software Construction Laboratory.
The Software Construction Laboratory conducts both theoretical and practical research on software construction techniques with the concept of Society 5.0 in mind. The brainchild of the Japanese government, Society 5.0 refers to a future society where flexible, efficient, reliable, and highly advanced programs are utilized. Building such a future urgently requires software construction that supports new computation principles capable of responding to social implementation of machine learning and the practical use of quantum computers.
The successful candidate will be tasked with conducting research at RIEC, in addition to teaching and supervising students within the Department of Electrical, Information and Physics Engineering in the School of Engineering and the Graduate School of Information Sciences.
For further information, see here.
|Location:||Research Institute of Electrical Communication|
- A doctoral degree
- Research achievements in the field of their speciality
- The ability to communicate in Japanese and English
|Number of positions:||1|
|Starting date:||As early as possible after April 2024|
|Application deadline:||August 21, 2023|
How to Apply
Applicants should prepare the following documents and send them in PDF format as a single, compressed file to the email address below. An email confirming receipt of the documents will be issued a few days following the submission.
- A CV
- A summary of the applicant's past research work (within two pages), with references cited and relevant figures and table included
- A list of research and educational achievements, which includes original journal papers, conference papers (with refereed/non-refereed clarified), invited talks, surveys, books, patents, awards, educational activities, academic society activities, past/current research grants (the amount and your role in the grant), and other achievements
- Major research papers and their summaries
- The applicant's future research and educational plan (roughly one page)
- Two referees with their relation to the applicant, affiliation, position, and contact details clearly listed
Student Exchange Division