Tohoku University's Transformative AI & Robotics International Research Center invites applications for the position of specially appointed assistant professor/associate professor.
Successful candidates will join a research project entitled "Automation of Garment Handling by Robotic Technology." A joint project between Tohoku University and the University of Hong Kong, the project seeks to realize a smart robotic system that does not require pre-programming or customization. The technology will be applied to the automation of garment handling. Details on the project and the Research Center can be found here.
Candidates are expected to have previous experience and an interest in the following topics:
- Sensing and modeling of three-dimensional environments
- Developing general-purpose robot hands and mechanisms for grasping flexible objects and motion planning strategies for robots
- Flexible object handling using a dual robot arm system and visual servoing
- Developing simulations systems, including but not limited to flexible materials and system integration for industrial application.
For more details, including how to apply, see here.
|Position:||Specially Appointed Assistant Professor or Associate Professor|
|Location:||Aobayama Campus, Aobayama 6-6-01, Sendai 980-8579, Japan|
- A PhD in a relevant field
- Japanese and English skills that allow for appropriate work execution
|Number of positions:||1~2|
|Job type:||Full-time. Fixed term until the end of Mach 2023. Further extension until April 2025 is possible subject to funding and evaluations.|
|Starting date:||November 1, 2022|
|Application deadline:||Until the position is filled|