If you wish to enter a graduate school, you should first look for a course that interests you and an instructor in your preferred field. The enrollment process differs depending on the course and instructor.
Step1. Find a prospective supervisor
Prospective applicants should first find a prospective supervisor before submitting an application to enrol. Find professors in your field of interest, contact them, and obtain consent to be accepted into their laboratory prior to your enrollment.
- To search by name, school, field, or keyword:
Link: Academic Research Staff at Tohoku University
- To search by department and/or school:
Link: Academics > Graduate Schools
- To search courses in English:
Link: Academics > Courses taught in English
Step2. Contact the educational affairs section of the school
The enrollment process differs depending on the course or graduate school. Contact the educational affairs section of the Graduate School (or the office in charge of admission) and confirm the following conditions.
- application eligibility, schedule, and application forms
- entrance examination conditions
- scholarship availability
- when and how to pay fees, apply for a dormitory