Tohoku University's Transformative AI & Robotics International Research Center is based at the School of Engineering. The center is currently conducting a joint research project with the University of Hong Kong that focuses on automating garment handling, seeking to realize a smart robotic system that does not require preprogramming or customization.
In lieu of this, the center is seeking to appoint two professors: one specially appointed assistant professor and one specially appointed associate professor. Potential candidates should have research experiences and interest in the following research topics:
- Sensing and modeling of three-dimensional environments.
- Developing general-purpose robot hands, mechanisms for grasping flexible objects, and motion planning strategies for robots.
- Flexible object handling using a dual robot arm system and visual servoing.
- Developing simulation systems, including but not limited to flexible materials and system integration for industrial applications.
For further details, including how to apply, see here.
|Position:||One specially appointed assistant professor and one specially appointed associate professor|
|Location:||Transformative AI & Robotics International Research Center, School of Engineering, Aobayama Campus, Aoba-yama 6-6-01, Sendai 980-8579, Japan|
- A doctoral degree by the time of appointment
- Skills and experience related to the research above
- The ability to communicate in a Japanese or English working environment
|Number of positions:||2|
|Position type:||Fixed term faculty|
|Starting date:||January 1, 2024 (negotiable)|
|Application deadline:||Until the position is filled|
Professor Yasuhisa Hirata,
Department of Robotics, Graduate School of Engineering