The Tohoku University Alumni Association will hold its annual Kanto Alumni Association gathering on July 26. This event is open to the general public, with a special invitation to high school students. Please feel free to attend if you are living nearby.
Date: July 26 (Sunday)
Time: 3:00pm - 7:00pm
Venue: Sapia Tower 5F (Station Conference)
1 Chome-7-12 Marunouchi, Chiyoda, Tokyo
- Target participants: Alumni, families of alumni and current students, current and former faculty members, high school students, university students, and the general public.
- Sponsored by: Tohoku University, the Tohoku University Alumni Association, Tohoku University Fund and the Kansai Alumni Association.
- Application Deadline: July 13, 2015
- Apply online using the link below and right click for an English translation of the form.
- Alternatively, please email the Tohoku University Alumni Association: alumnigrp.tohoku.ac.jp
Once you have registered you will be sent a ticket for the event.
Lectures - free admission
Time: 3:00pm - 5:20pm
Venue: 5F, Room 501
Greetings from Tohoku University President Susumu Satomi.
Outline of activities from the Tohoku University Alumni Association: Tohoku University Vice President Takafumi Aoki.
Lecture #1: Natural Disasters and the Human Psychology - Nurturing Disaster-Resilient Communities.
Professor Toshiaki Muramoto - International Research Institute of Disaster Science, Tohoku University.
Lecture #2: The Challenges of Disaster Robotics.
Professor Satoshi Tadokoro - The Graduate School of Information Sciences, Tohoku University.
Time: 5:30 pm - 7:00 pm
Cost: 6,000 yen
Venue: 5F, Room 503
Please pay on the day. Admission is free for high school age children or under, who are accompanied by an adult.
Contact:Tohoku University Alumni Association