The Tohoku University Alumni Association
The Alumni Association holds Home Coming Days as well as regional gatherings to provide alumni association members the opportunity to connect and remain in touch with Tohoku University. Current students and members of the public are also welcome to attend events.
Membership to the alumni association
- Annual membership - 1,000 yen per annum
- Lifetime membership - 50,000 yen for lifetime membership
Annual membership runs from April 1 until March 31. Members can choose the number of years they wish to make payment for. If the membership type is changed from annual membership to life membership, the amount paid to date will be subtracted from the total cost of the life membership plan.
To apply for membership to the alumni association, please download, complete the application form, and send by email to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Once the alumni association has received your application, you will be sent a money transfer form with instructions on how to make payment. Following payment at a post office you will be sent a membership card.
Eligibility for membership is divided into the following categories
- Graduate/Exchange Student
- Current faculty member
- Former faculty member
- Current student / researcher
- Family member of current student
- Friend of Tohoku University
- Membership card (date of expiry is written on the card)
- Membership badge
- Access to the Tohoku University Main Library
- Free admission to the Tohoku University Museum and Botanical Gardens (upon presentation of membership card)
- Admission to alumni association social gatherings and events
- Discounts on the use of Kawauchi Hagi Hall facilities
- Discounts on concerts and performances held at Kawauchi Hagi Hall
- Discounts on selected sports events
Registering an alumni branch with the Shuyukai alumni association
- Are you an alumni of Tohoku University?
- Do you have an alumni branch in your city or country?
If so, you can register your branch with the Shuyukai Alumni Association at no cost. Once registered with us we will post your contact information on our website, so that other alumni can be made aware of your activity.
Regular Alumni Events
Alumni events are held on a regular basis. There are regional events run by local alumni organizations, as well as the four main events hosted by the Tohoku University Alumni Association.
To see the regular alumni events, please click here.
Contact:Tohoku University Alumni Association