TEDxTohokuUniversity is an independently organized branch of the well-known TED talks, that brings people together to share a TED-like experience. Born right here at Tohoku University, TEDxTohokuUniversity aims to provide a platform for students, professors, alumni and friends of Tohoku University to share their ideas, work and achievements with the community.
These talks will be shared through TED outlets, helping them spread to a global audience.
In our search for ideas, we are now accepting online applications for you to become a speaker at our first ever TedxTohokuUniversity. The application and selection process is easy. Just follow the steps below:
- Fill in the online application https://goo.gl/forms/GzXaQV0er1Ns00G63
- TedxTohokuUniversity will contact you in the last week of December.
- You will be asked to attend an interview on January 7, 8 or 9. If you live out of Sendai and are unable to attend the interview in person, you can record a 5 minute speech, upload it for us to view and contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Following the screening process, those who are chosen will be contacted by January 12.
- If chosen, you will be provided with training in public speaking to help you brush up your ideas, and prepare you to speak at TedxTohokuUniversity. This training will be held sometime between February and March.
- Become the speaker!
Even if you don't have a great idea right now, but you know someone who does, you can nominate them! Fill in the form below with your suggestions and a TedxTohokuUniversity team member will be in touch.
- Fill out the online application https://goo.gl/forms/tGnJpKXZmtz4VgMj2
With the information we get from you, we will approach the nominated candidate to see whether they have an idea worth sharing, and whether they are happy to share it.
- Application Deadline:
- December 31, 2016