Nishizawa Memorial Room
- Location: Admission Center on Kawauchi South Campus (Map)
- Address: 28 Kawauchi, Aoba-ku, Sendai, Miyagi 980-8576 Japan
- Facility Hours:
Closed: weekends and public holidays.
Please check with Admission Center first to make sure it is open.
Admission Center, Education and Student Support Department, Tohoku University
The Nishizawa Memorial Room will be temporarily closed from February 24 to March 22, 2022.
Property Management Division, Finance Department, Tohoku University
The Nishizawa Memorial Room is located at the old Research Institute for Semiconductors where Jun-ichi Nishizawa, the former president of Tohoku University, had developed technologies for semiconductor materials. The memorial room preserves and exhibits materials associated with the birthplace of Optical Communications to share with the public and to contribute to future educational research.
Items on display:
- Description of terahertz optical communications
- Differential measurement device
- Pattern generator Unit 1
- LED displays
- Diplomas, medals and trophies
- Books written by Jun-ichi Nishizawa
- Panels showing the history of Research Institute for Semiconductors and Jun-ichi Nishizawa
- By Subway :
- Take the subway from Sendai Station to Kawauchi Station (6 mins) and exit at South 1.
- By taxi :
- 10 min from Sendai Station, 45 min from Sendai Airport
- By foot:
- 25 min walk from Hirose-dori Station, 40 min walk from Sendai Station