Honda Memorial Room
- Location: Katahira Campus (Map)
- Address: 2-1-1 Katahira, Aoba-ku, Sendai, Miyagi 980-8577 Japan
- Facility Hours: 9:00am-4:30pm
- Contact Info:
General Affairs, Institute for Materials Research
- Email :
The Honda Memorial room is dedicated to the scientist, inventor and Tohoku University President Dr. Kotaro Honda. Dr. Honda invented KS steel a type of magnetic resistant steel that is three times more resistant than tungsten steel. He later improved upon the steel, creating NKS steel.
The memorial room houses personal items belonging to Dr. Honda such as laboratory notebooks and photos. A neighbouring room displays KS permanent magnet steel and other materials/products used in research and development at the Institute for Materials Research.
- By taxi:
- 5 minutes from Sendai Station. 40 minutes from Sendai Airport
- By Subway:
- Take the subway from Sendai Station to Aobadori Ichibancho Station (2 mins). Exit at South 1. Turn left and walk straight ahead for 550m towards the North Entrance of Katahira Campus.
- By foot:
- About 15 minutes from the Sendai Station west exit