This November, Sendai will host the inaugural World Bosai Forum/ International Disaster Risk Conference.
Ahead of the conference, a special public pre-event will be held on November 25. The event will include presentations from youth involved in disaster prevention activity and a cultural performance unique to Kesennuma - an area affected by the 2011 Great East Japan Earthquake.
Closed captions of the presentations will be provided in Japanese and English. Admission is free but registration is required.
Date: Saturday, November 25
Venue: Kawauchi Hagi Hall, Tohoku University (Map)
Part one: Presentations 1-3pm
Youth from disaster-affected areas will present information on disaster prevention activity and recovery support programs in their region. This will be followed up by discussions with the audience about disaster risk reduction.
Part two: Concert 3:30-5pm
- Folk art performance: Traditional Tiger Dance of Namiita, Kesennuma, Miyagi Prefecture
- Performance by members of the Sendai Philharmonic Orchestra and the NHK Children's Choir
To register, fill out the online form here or email your name, affiliation, country of residence and email address to email@example.com
Registration deadline: November 17
- Registration is on a first come, first served basis.
- Personal information provided will only be used for this event.
- Please use public transport to arrive at the venue as public parking will not be available.
Contact:IRIIDeS Public Relations Office,