Tohoku University Hospital
- Location: Seiryo Campus (Map)
- Address: 1-1 Seiryo-machi, Aoba-ku, Sendai, Miyagi 980-8574 Japan
- Facility Hours:
Reception Hours: 8:30am-11:00am
Consultation Hours: Mon-Fri, 8:30am-5:15pm
Non consultation days: Sat, Sun, public holidays and Dec 29-Jan 3
- Contact Info:
- +81-22-717-7000 (reception)
- After Hours and non consultation days: +81-22-717-7024
The history of the Tohoku University Hospital goes back to 1817, when the Sendai Medical School Dispensary opened its doors. In 1913, it was renamed the Tohoku Imperial University Specialised Medical Department Clinic, and since then has expanded into the modern day Tohoku University Hospital or TUH.
TUH is a public hospital with 57 departments and 1,262 beds. The hospital offers diagnostic and therapeutic treatment using advanced medical equipment by healthcare professionals who aim to provide patient-centered care.
As an academic institution, TUH provides specialist training and is committed to continued research on intractable diseases and advanced medical care practices.
- By bus:
- Take the bus from the west entrance in front of Sendai station:
- From platform 29 bound for Kotsu-kyoku Daigaku Byoin
- Get off at Daigaku Byoin Mae Bus Stop
- For an extensive list of buses going to the hospital, see the website here: http://www.hosp.tohoku.ac.jp/en/access.php
- By subway:
- Take the subway bound for Izumi Chuo from Sendai Station
- Get off at Kita-yobancho Station From the North 2 exit
- walk about 10 min
- By Taxi:
- About 15 minute from Sendai Station