Kawatabi Seminar Center
- Address: 75 Naruko Onsen Aza Hara, Osaki City, Miyagi Prefecture 989-6711
- Closed: Every Monday and Tuesday (Sunday and the day before for the third week of every month). Year-end and New Year holidays from December 28 to January 4
- Contact Info:
The Tohoku University Kawatabi Seminar Center was built in 1974 as a facility for training, seminars, studies, etc. for teachers and students in Tohoku University and other national universities in the Tohoku District.
It is located in the northern part of Miyagi prefecture, the area of Naruko Onsen, Osaki City next to Akita and Yamagata prefectures. It has many places of interest such as Kurikoma's primary beech forest, Naruko Spa, etc. in its suburbs.
Built on the site of the Field Science Center, Graduate School of Agriculture Science, Tohoku University, it can be used for a wide range of purposes such as seminars, studies, group activities, extracurricular activities, etc. in comfortable natural surroundings.
Layout of Buildings
|Administration Building:||Training room (100 people), cafeteria, bathroom (men/women)|
|Lodging Building:||10-people building (x 4), 20-people building (x 3) Each building has a seminar room|
|Gymnasium:||Training room (60 people), one basketball court and one volleyball court Badminton, table tennis|
|Lecturer's Building:||Training room (40 people), lodging room (x 5), waiting room|
- The fees are as indicated in the following table.
|Meals||Breakfast||420yen||Special menu (Supper)1,400 yen|
Note: The special menu is an irregular menu such as Mongolian mutton barbecue, Japanese nabe, etc.
- Video projection system
- Table tennis (Racket, ball)
- Video presentation stand
- Game of go
- Shogi (Japanese chess)
- Slide projector
- Alpine skiing (30 sets)
- Softball set
- Nordic skiing (40 sets)
- Badminton racket (Bring your own shuttlecock or purchase a new shuttlecock at the cafeteria for 300 yen each.)