Tohoku University Museum
- Location: Aobayama Campus (Map)
- Address: 6-3 Aoba, Aramaki, Aoba-ku, Sendai, Miyagi 980-8578 Japan
- Facility Hours: Tues-Sun 10:00am-4:00pm
Closed: Every Monday or Tuesday when the public holiday falls on a Monday
Dec 28-Jan 4
- Admission: Adults 150 yen, Children age 6-15 80 yen
Tohoku University's ID holders are admitted free. Elementary & Junior High School students who live in Sendai City are admitted free.
- Contact Info:
At Tohoku University a number of academic resources and materials have been preserved through studies of Arts, Social Sciences, and Nature Sciences within its 100 years' history. The Tohoku University Museum maintains and collects all these resources as well as research using these resources in cooperation with researchers from outside and inside of the university. Moreover, this museum is the institute to deliver the latest research development to the community as a symbol of the university.
The Tohoku University Museums has accumulated academic resources to be used for research or and education. The collection has over 2 million specimens, with more than a thousand examples on display at the museum. Exhibits include fossils from every geological period, rocks and minerals from all over the world, and topographic maps of mainly Asia.
- By Subway:
- Take the subway from Sendai Station to Aobayama Station (9 mins). Exit at North 1 for the Faculty of Science.
- By taxi :
- 15 minutes from Sendai Station