- Location: Tohoku University School of Engineering, Aobayama Campus (beside the Daily Yamazaki convenience store) (Map)
- Address: 6-6 Aramaki Aza Aoba, Aoba-ku, Sendai, Miyagi 980-8579 Japan
- Facility Hours: 8:00am-8:00pm all year round with the exception of days closed for maintenance
- Contact Info: Public Relations, Division of Mechanical Engineering
- Tel / Fax :
- +81-022-795-4043 (9:00am-4:00pm)
- Email :
- Admission: Free
The Automobile Museum has two classic cars and an F1 engine on display, all of which were donated to the Tohoku University School of Engineering. The museum was opened in November 2008 to make the cars available to the general public, and in commemoration of Tohoku University's 100 year anniversary. Prior to the museums' opening, a volunteer team of students and faculty members from the School of Mechanical Engineering restored the cars to operational order.
- By Subway:
- Take the subway from Sendai Station to Aobayama Station (9 mins). Exit at South 1 for the School of Engineering.
- By taxi :
- 15 minutes from Sendai Station
http://www.mech.tohoku.ac.jp/car/ (Japanese only)