- Location: Katahira Campus ( Map )
- Address: 2-1-1 Katahira, Aoba-ku, Sendai, Miyagi 980-8577 Japan
- Facility Hours: Tuesday and Thursday 10:30am - 12:00pm / 1:00pm-4:00pm (excluding public holidays and university holidays: June 22, August 10-16 and December 29~January 3)
- Rules when visiting:
Please visit the reception at Lu Xun's Lounge (Map). For group visitor and tour guides, please contact Tohoku University Archives prior to your visit.
- Photo taking is OK. However, posting on websites, blogs, or social media (facebook, instagram, etc) is prohibited.
- Contact Info: Tohoku University Archives
- Tel :
- 022-217-5040 (domestic calls only)
- Email :
The lecture hall was built in 1904 and is named after the scholar and literary giant Lu Xun, who studied there. Often referred to as the father of modern Chinese literature, Lu Xun studied in the hall when it was part of the Sendai Medical College before being integrated into Tohoku University.
The old wooden school house has survived World War 2 air raids and the 2011 Tohoku earthquake. It is a popular destination for Chinese visitors and serves as a symbol of Tohoku university's century-old ties with Chinese students.
- By taxi:
- 5 minutes from Sendai Station. 40 minutes from Sendai Airport
- By Subway:
- Take the subway from Sendai Station to Aobadori Ichibancho Station (2 mins). Exit at South 1. Turn left and walk straight ahead for 550m towards the North Entrance of Katahira Campus.
- By foot:
- About 15 minutes from the Sendai Station west exit